In joining membership in the Virgin Islands Professional Charter Association “VIPCA” hereby declare to lend my support to further the interests and the purposes of the Association listed below:
“To unify, support and further the capabilities of the local marine industry within the U.S. Virgin Islands by providing training, compliance guidance, community organization and assisting in the development of industry standards which seek to foster the continued growth and strength of the charter industry. The Association's objective is to represent the US Virgin Island's marine industry with one voice promoting good relationships between marine businesses, marine management companies, clearinghouses, crew, and the people and governments of the U.S. Virgin Islands and the British Virgin Islands while advocating a positive reputation locally and internationally.”
- As a member vessel I will endeavor to operate within national, local and harbor regulations ensuring the safety of passengers and crews onboard at all times.
- Applicant understands that Vessel Membership gives access to low group rates for fleet Hull and protection and indemnity coverage, however in order to have access to Medical Insurance an Individual Membership is required.
- Applicant acknowledges that VIPCA membership is subject to Board approval and may be revoked or denied for failure to comply or violations of VIPCA policies, terms and conditions.
- Applicant understands that annual dues must be paid before VIPCA vessel membership activates.
- Applicant agrees to provide proof annually of US vessel registration or valid registration with another government.
Annual Meeting and participation in the annual vote for the Board of Directors:
Whether representing a vessel or as an individual I will endeavor to attend the Annual Meeting that will be held within the week of the U.S. Virgin Islands Fall Charter Yacht Show. At this meeting I will participate in the vote for the Board of Directors, and if I cannot be present I understand Collection from VIPCA's temporary office at Charter Caribe, Red Hook (until such a time that VIPCA can afford to lease an independent office) that I may vote by written proxy and by email or other electronic transmittal (the quorum for the members meeting shall be at least one half of the total membership).
VIPCA shall limit disclosure of Confidential Information to only the President and the Executive Director of the Associaition. The term “Confidential Information” includes personal information submitted in the membership application form, such as all contact information as well as, for vessels, the owner’s name, details therof and all other speficics requested to be filled in the membership application. The President and Executive Director will not disclose the confidential information obtained from the applicant.